Monday 18 March 2013

Everybody abandoned me-Kel.

Top female hip hop/rap queen, Kelechi Ohia popularly known as Kel has expressed her dissatisfaction at the treatment melted at her by her supposed friends in the music industry.
She made this assertion in an interview with The Sun Newspaper. When asked about her low moments she replied” When I took a break from the industry, I realized who my true friends are and who the sharp ones are. There were people who told me that I am like family to them, they said all sort good things to me but I found out that human beings are too selfish to look out for someone else.”
The graduate of Economics, from the Lagos State University (LASU), has promised to return to music in full fledge, but this time she would be coming out as raw Kel.”What I mean is that I will be sharing my life through music. If I am sad while working on my music, I will put in that experience. Same thing for when am happy. I won’t go around creating scenarios that don’t exist”.

The Umuahia indigene began her journey to music in 2002, then she went to learn more about music, the art of RAP; during which she worked with several artistes and producers such as Freestyle, Terry tha Rapman, Jokaynie, Beatworx and Sound Sultan. In 2007, she caught the attention of Nigerian music director and video maestro, Clarence Peters, who signed her up to his record label, Capital Hill Music. Her debut album being the most anticipated hip-hop album in 2009, featured great talent and brilliant collaborations with several African artist such as Durella, Illbliss, M.I, Alaye, Shank, YQ, pHisayo just to mention a few. ‘Waa Wa Alright’, which simply means ‘You’ll be alright’, the first single off her debut album ‘The Investment’ enjoyed massive airplay 
Kel was nominated for the highly prestigious MTV Africa Music Awards in 2009.

By Yvonne Imohiosen







No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts